My name is Ian Ozsvald. I’m an Entrepreneurial Geek, living in London (after 10 years in Brighton and a year in Latin America). I co-run the Data Science agency ModelInsight (and in the background my older Mor Consulting), co-chair the 3,000+ member PyDataLondon meetup, co-chair the 3-year-old PyDataLondon Conference and I’ve published High Performance Python with O’Reilly in 2014.
Speaking this year:
- PyDataLondon Conf 2017 (May 5-7th)
Past projects include:
- annotate.io – NLP to augment text
- StrongSteam – computer vision as an API with Kyran Dale
- The Artificial Intelligence Cookbook – ideas on using AI in industry
- SocialTies (built with RadicalRobot) to help you find interesting folk via Twitter data mining at events
- ShowMeDo.com – tutorial screencasts that teach you programming, see About ShowMeDo for more info. This was my second company and I’m rather proud to say that it is financially self-sufficient, growing and is full of very useful user-generated (and us-generated) content. 100,000 users and 1TB of data served per month say that we built some very useful indeed. In 5 years ShowMeDo has educated over 3 million people about open source tools.
- £5 Apps Meetup
- OpenCoffee Sussex co-founded with Jon
- BrightonDigital mail list
ian AT ianozsvald DOT com