I’m chuffed to have delivered the second version of my “A.I. in the real world” lecture (I gave it last May too) to 2nd year undergraduates at Sussex University this afternoon.
The slides are below, I cover:
- A.I. that I’ve seen and have been involved with in the last 10 years
- Some project ideas for undergraduates
- How to start a new tech business/project in A.I.
In the talk I also showed or talked about:
- A YouTube video of the DARPA Grand Challenge (down below)
- The Internet Movie Firearms Database when talking about searching for “movie on a beach with bangalores” which resolves to Saving Private Ryan…if someone writes this search engine
- Optical Character Recognition using the open source Tesseract
- pyCUDA and high performance computing (which I’m teaching at BrightonPy soon)
- My plan for an Artificial Intelligence Handbook (collaborative project – all welcome!)
- BuildBrighton – the local HackerSpace
- £5 App event – celebrating people who build need stuff
- FlashBrighton – lots of interesting talks
- LikeMind coffees – lots of interesting people
Here’s the YouTube video showing the Grand Challenge entries:
Ian applies Data Science as an AI/Data Scientist for companies in ModelInsight and in his Mor Consulting, sign-up for Data Science tutorials in London. He also founded the image and text annotation API Annotate.io, lives in London and is a consumer of fine coffees.