I’ve just finished a new series for OpenOffice users entitled OpenOffice 3.1 Writer for Microsoft Word users. This series is a part of ShowMeDo’s Club, in 45 minutes I cover 11 topics for the new Writer user aimed at easing their transition across from MS Office:
- Series Overview in 4 minutes (OpenOffice 3.1 for Word users)
- Installing OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows XP
- Working with Word (.doc) files
- Working with an OpenDocument Format (.odt) file
- Help! Manuals, Forums and Mail lists
- Basic Formatting (bold, italic etc)
- Exporting to PDF, HTML, MediaWiki
- Find and Replace, Undo
- Spell Checker
We have plans to cover more OOo topics, right now I’m looking for feedback. It feels a bit odd to have one OpenOffice series in amongst all the Python series but we need to start this new tutorial thread somehow! I created this series whilst wearing my ProCasts screencast production hat.
Ian is a Chief Interim Data Scientist via his Mor Consulting. Sign-up for Data Science tutorials in London and to hear about his data science thoughts and jobs. He lives in London, is walked by his high energy Springer Spaniel and is a consumer of fine coffees.