Having learned an awful lot about screencasting in the last 4 years, I’m starting work in ProCasts on developing an eBook that teaches How to Screencast. With over 3 years of tutorial screencasting in ShowMeDo and 2 years of commercial screencasting for marketing, tech-support and training that led to ProCasts, I feel rather well-qualified to write the book on the subject.
Right now the book is in the design stages, I’ve posted a survey in SurveyMonkey that asks 10 easy questions about your current screencasting knowledge and what you want to learn about. If you want to learn more about screencasting – please fill in the survey. It doesn’t require registration and if you put in your email address for the first question you’ll be in the draw for 2 free licenses (one for you, one for a friend).
If you don’t want to fill in the survey but you do want to be notified about the release, sign-up to our eBook notification list.
Topics that I’ll probably cover include:
- Using screencasts for Sales, Training and Technical Support
- Story-boarding to explain all your benefits and features
- Writing a short, powerful script that really grabs the viewer’s attention
- Techniques for converting your viewer into a user of your software
- The best software packages to use when recording and editing a screencast
- Editing competently so you have a short, polished video
- Using annotations, fades and high-lights to focus the viewer’s attention on the key points
- Improving your audio recording
- Critiques of existing screencasts including ways of improving them
- Check-lists for each step of the process so you can quickly complete each phase confidently
Ian is a Chief Interim Data Scientist via his Mor Consulting. Sign-up for Data Science tutorials in London and to hear about his data science thoughts and jobs. He lives in London, is walked by his high energy Springer Spaniel and is a consumer of fine coffees.