I coach data science teams in mid-sized to larger companies through my ModelInsight, typically the teams use Python and lack a Senior Data Scientist. Past coaching clients include Channel 4, Hailo and GoCardless.
“I had the pleasure to work with Ian when he supported Channel 4’s data science team as a consultant. Ian brought his deep knowledge in Big Data to deliver a number of successful data models but also helped to mentor and develop a team of young but talented data scientists. I would definitely recommend Ian as a key player in any data science initiative.” – Pedro Cosa – Deputy Head of Data Planning and Analytics at Channel 4
Typically I help with:
- Turning failing data projects into deployed successes
- Clearly communicating with the bosses (up to the Board if required) to de-risk projects and to figure out what can sensibly be delivered
- Diagnosing and helping to solve problems in data science processes (including fixing machine learning and data-pipeline problems)
- Teaching new techniques including diagnostic approaches
- Designing new data products for the client’s roadmap
- Introducing stronger processes including Agile approaches and testing
- Hiring (via personal introductions) and screening
If I can help your team as a Senior Interim Data Scientist, please get in contact. See more testimonials and experience on LinkedIn.
“Ian provided coaching to the data team at GoCardless over a period of 6 months. He really is a fountain of knowledge and very capable of translating esoteric concepts to more digestible forms. We couldn’t have progressed quite so efficiently with some of our projects without his input. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him as a mentor to other data teams” – Natalie Hockham Data Scientist at GoCardless