On January 27th here in Brighton I’m co-running a SkillSwap evening, I’ll spend 45 minutes teaching screencasting (based on a Mac) and Andy White will spend 45 minutes teaching podcasting. We’ll cover planning, recording, editing, distributing and mics between us.
We’re both aiming the talks at freelancers (so they can communicate better with clients) and small companies (for training, marketing and demos). We’re also the authors of The Screencasting Handbook and Podcasting Unleashed.
I’ll cover at least these topics:
- Free and commercial tools on a Mac (and Windows/Linux if requested)
- Recording your first screencast with Jing and hosting it on the Web
- Planning your screencast so it meets the needs of your audience
- The differences between a sales/marketing screencast and a tutorial
- Using ScreenFlow to record, edit and produce a screencast and then upload it to YouTube
- Hosting your own screencast and other distribution options
If you bring a laptop then I can get you started with the free Jing so you can walk away with a recording and hosting solution for Mac and Windows.
Madgex will be sponsoring beer and nibbles, the atmosphere will be relaxed and friendly. Nat is recording the audio for a podcast and I intend to record a video of the evening for distribution via Vimeo (but of course that won’t be the same as being there and being able to ask questions!).
Ian applies Data Science as an AI/Data Scientist for companies in ModelInsight and in his Mor Consulting, sign-up for Data Science tutorials in London. He also founded the image and text annotation API Annotate.io, lives in London and is a consumer of fine coffees.