9 April 2009 - 18:28New Python tutorials at ShowMeDo using Learning Paths
The latest development at ShowMeDo is a new learning system called Learning Paths. The Paths are ordered collections of videos and series where individual items are pulled together to make a journey (a ‘learning trajectory’) for the learner to achieve one particular goal.
The Path also allow for dependencies so ‘Fully worked Python Projects’ depends upon ‘Beginning Python Programming’ and that depends upon ‘Setting up Python’.
At present we have an initial set of Paths and more will follow very soon:
- Beginning Python Programming (15 video series)
- Setting-up Python (4 video series)
- Intermediate Python Programming (6 series including 2 fully-worked projects)
- Python for Strong Pythonistas (note – only has 1 series at present, we’re requesting more community submissions)
- Full Python Projects (5 fully-worked Python projects including GUIs and web-apps)
The Paths mix our free and Club content, all authors have edit rights so everyone can add the right material to the Paths so they tell exactly the right story.
We’re very keen to see the Paths used, I’ve already blogged about this on the main ShowMeDo Blog. If you like what we’re trying to achieve, perhaps you could help us to spread the word by blogging or tweeting?
Ian applies Data Science as an AI/Data Scientist for companies in ModelInsight and Mor Consulting, founded the image and text annotation API Annotate.io, co-authored SocialTies, programs Python, authored The Screencasting Handbook, lives in London and is a consumer of fine coffees.